Conferences aren’t vacation, but the blog has been on vacay (not Sabbath, I’ve decided, since the break wasn’t intentional.) It’s the kind of day that could use a gratitude list for re-entry from vacation, so let’s go with a list of things to be thankful for:
1. The Young Clergy Young Women Project is an amazing group that teaches me about generosity, abundance, holy scarcity, unity in the Spirit, the beauty of diversity and sparkly toes. Being on the board for the organization these last few years has been an incredible joy and privilege. And hard work. But mostly the first two.
2. Crafts that I can manage. We made a Mind Jar today, like the one found here at Chasing the Firefly. Its possible that it will calm me down more than Bliss, but its pretty and fun to look at. I might make another for when I have an office again someday. Here’s a picture if you don’t want to click over – ours is kinda like the one they made:
3. Spending time in Chicago. Chicago is the perfect city for our family. I know this because when we pull into downtown, we all seem to relax, just when other people are getting riled up by the traffic.
4. Our car that has gone for 213,000 miles, and even though it broke last week, is STILL worth fixing.
5. Cab rides, cocktails, trips to get ice, Lake Shore Drive traffic jams and all the other unexpected encounters with friends over the last week that make conferences what they ought to be.
6. The sky. Because at bedtime last night, that’s what B said in our “thank you God” prayers, and, well, she’s right.
How about you?